I am nowhere near where I thought I would be 365 days ago but I am the corny one who always tells everyone else “everything happens for a reason” and I do believe that. So as I say farewell and good riddance to 2010 while welcoming 2011 with open arms, I want to reflect on the good things that 2010 brought to the table…it wasn’t all bad!
In no particular order:
1. The 2010 Baby Boom - Not to be confused with the 80’s Diane Keaton flick, my friends were getting alot of action in 2009, thus the explosion of babies this year. The Campanaros (Melia), the Vejacks (Harper), the Taylors (Henry), the Cales (Taylor), the Marcks (Gracie), the Glennons (Darby), the Halls (William) and the Moran-Panasyuks (Everett). All amazing and all very lucky they have an Aunt KFlip :)
2. Forever (Engagements/Weddings) - A bunch of lives started together. The weddings that happened this year were awesome and I can’t even begin to describe my excitement for the 2011 weddings in the works. A special CONGRATS to Clare & DJ, Reesa & Michael, Mudy & Brent, Brother (Buddy) & Ali and Yolonda & Sugarplam :)
3. Cohabitting - Following suit, a bunch of my ladies took the next step and shacked up with their mens: Jeana/Dan, Patty/Brad, Michelle/E, Sam/Ben, Cari/Ben. Keep those toilet seats down boys!
4. We got the F out of Dodge (Fuse)! - A little corner comprised of Nadja, Alexis, Yolonda and myself used to dream (in between 1-2 hour shopping lunches) of the day we would all break free of the backwards ways of Fuse marketing. One year later, we can all say WE DID IT! The other 3 relocated and I started an amazing job at Food Network/Cooking Channel. Personally, this was the greatest thing 2010 brought to me. I was at a crossroads in my life and this job came at the right time and made me realize I really love what I do…and now I get good food at the same time (see #5)!
5. Good food - This technically can be lumped in to #4 but I just think it deserves it’s own spot. With my new job, I’ve been eating some amazing food, getting to attend ridic food festivals and meeting some incredibly talented chefs that I wouldn’t have experienced otherwise.
6. Healthy family - I got to spend another year with my amazing family. With some previous health scares and Grammys in their late 80’s, being able to create another year of memories is something I’m truly thankful for.
7. Living by myself - Even though this was unexpected, I’m getting used to it…oh who am I kidding, I love it! I might be talking to myself alot more but I get to do anything I want (without being too loud), can stay up as late as I want and I get to decorate and be as Martha Stewart crazy as I want (Christmas!). Plus, everything here is mine! :)
8. Rekindled love (of Hoboken) - I had a great 3 1/2 year run in Hoboken right after college and am now experiencing it in a completely different way at 29. I have really come to appreciate the cleanliess, the more-bang-for-your-buck, the great restaurants/bars, the people and the VIEW!!!
9. Friends, bffs, biffies, besties - Over the year, I have met a bunch of pretty fantastic people that I hope remain in my life for a long time. I’ve also reinvigorated friendships that I didn’t realize how much I really missed until I was with them on a more regular basis (can also be apart of #8). And through thick and thin, I have come to see who my true friends are. They have been supportive, loving, fun as hell and my core. You all know who you are…THANK YOU for being there for me (and putting up with me) all year long. I love you more than you know.
10. Getting to know me - With the big 3-0 quickly approaching, 2010 was the year I got to know me (better late than never!). I know what I like (and what I don’t), what I stand for (and can’t stand), what is important to me and what I want out of life. So coincidentally (or ironically), I’m spending the last night of 2010 with just me, myself, and I. And I’m totally content with that. :)
With only 4 minutes left in 2010, all I have to say is BRING IT 2011!!!